Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Lesson 5: School

Jo6 / Muet2 Do /
Hou1 / Hai6 / Giao Turn in (homework)
Tak8 Jeu1
读书 Study
Kao6 Chi7
考试 Take a test
Keu1 Tak8 Jeu1
去读书 Go to class
Lot8 Bang6
落房 Be done with class
Keu1 Hak8 Kao6
去学校 / Tak2 Jeu1 去读书 Go to school
Bang2 Hak2/He
放学/[] Be done with school
Ki3 Bang6
上房 Graduate to the next level

Hak8 Kao6
学校 School
Gong1 Kue1
功课 Homework
Jeu1
Book
Bek2
Pen

Ui`7
Boring
Ho6 Seung2
好玩 Fun
Goi7
Easy
Ot8
Difficult
Cha1 m Do7
差唔多 So-so

A: Leu2 ji1 jung1 keu2 di7go7?
Where are you going right now?
汝只陳去底块?

B:Keu2 tak8 jeu1.
Going to class.
去读书。

A: Keu2 tak8 mit4gai1 bang1?
What class are you going to?
去学乜个房?

B: Siao1 Ot8, Eng1 Bhung5, Dong1 Bhung5
Math, English, Chinese
数学, 英文, 中文

A: Heu3gai5 bang1 ot8 m7 ot8?
Is that class difficult?
许个房难唔难?

A: Leu2 geng1yik2 gui2diam2 bang2 hak8?
What time do you get off class today?
汝今日几点放学?

B: Ua2 _diam2 bang2 hak8.
I get off class at _.
_点放学。

A: Jai3 se1, leu2 _diam2 u ai2 bho5?
Well then, are you free at _?
Jai se,
_点有闲无?

B: M7 ai2…Ua2 geng1me5 diot2 jo2 gang1 kue1.
I'm busy, I have to do homework this evening.
唔闲我今晚着做功课。

A: Leu2 deung1 si5 diot2 hou1/hai6 lao6seu5.
When do you have to hand it in to the teacher?
汝天时着给/还老师。

B: Ma1yik2.
Tomorrow
明日。

A: Ho1, joi3 se1 jok8 hok8!
好,joi se祝福!


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi I'm also teochew but I say a few of these differently. For teacher I would say "xing se" and school as "hat hao" is it just me or dose anyone also say it that way? love this blog btw:3

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger guchai said...

I think xing se (or sing se) means Mr (先生), so I think it would work too :)

Hat hao could be pronunciation differences between regions I am guessing so that is fine too. I one time listened to the Teochew news from China mainland and found the pronounce things a lot different from how my family does.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi..i’m also Teochew from Indonesia..i found out a lot of different pronounciation in so many words but i can understand them. New generations in my hometown in Indonesia nowadays could not speak or understand Teochew anymore..it makes me so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home