Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Teochew Sentance of the Week

This section will have some random Teochew sentances updated weekly (hopefully). Come learn some new words!

5/6/06
Gengni Lakguet ua bekniap.
今年六月我毕业。
I'm graduating in June this year.

Piangnang! Leu da` leu bho jiat bhat/nek!
骗人!汝呾汝无食肉!
Liar! You said you don't eat meat!

Deung ua soi, ua hat jiat "Dua Bet Tou" gai teung.
当我细,我合食大白兔个糖。
When I was small, I liked eating "Big White Rabbit" candy.

Jaiguang mai juang taojai gai chia.
知管勿撞着头前个车。
Be careful not to hit the car in front of you.

Gia iu mayik leu bisai. Nek/tak i gai kacheung!
加油明日汝比赛。踢伊个尻仓!
Good luck on your competition tomorrow. Kick their butts!

2/26/06
Ua hang dou-iao.
我还肚饿。
I'm still hungry.

Do lothou ngiao gat gao.
在落雨猫合狗。
It's raining cats and dogs.

Eng Diojiu ue joni da`_?
用潮州话怎呢呾_?
Using Teochew, how do you say _?

2/17/06
Jiatbeung ba bue?
食饭饱尾?
Finish eating yet? (Full yet?)

I deungja do lai toi diangsi. Bukgue jijung yi koneng keu jeudiam.
伊當早在内睇电视。 不过只陈伊可能去书店。
He just was watching TV. But now he probably went to the bookstore.

Ua hiao chianggo gat tiaobu ho/kiang gue Iong Joujeu...Ua himo.
我晓畅歌合跳舞好/强过容祖儿...我希望。
I can sing and dance better than Joey Yung...I wish.

Jiolim Gonghu ho, Jiolim Gonghu bang, Ua si Tittao Gong~, Leu si Gimgang Tui~
少林功夫好耶, 少林功夫棒, 我是铁头功~, 你是金刚腿~
Shaolin Kung Fu is great, Shaolin Kung Fu is wonderful, I am Iron Head~, You're Mighty Steel Leg~

1/21/06
Gueni ai` lai liao, jijung keu soi leu gai saibe!
过年欲来了, 只陈去洗汝个屎[ ]
New Years is almost here, right now go clean your toilet!

1/14/06
Gueni ai` lai liao, nang ho kiot diot angbao!
过年欲来了, 俺好拿着红包!
New Years is almost here, we can get red envelopes!

1/3/06
Daige, duimju ua kat gue sidua, mgidek muet sing gujeu!
大家,对唔住我卡过死惰, 唔记得物新句子!
Everybody, sorry for being lazy, I forgot to make new sentances!

Leu no nang do siome mitgai? Dolongjao, i bho yiot hotoi go.
汝两人在相骂乜个? 埭弄糟, 伊无若好睇
What are you two arguing about? Oh please, s/he is not that good looking.

Mai pat ou, mai pat ou, chia` hiot! No nang pat jigai nang bho gongpeng! Ua mama do digo!?
勿拍, 勿拍, 请歇! 两人拍一个人无公平! 我妈妈在底块!?
Don't hit me anymore, don't hit me anymore, please stop. Two people attacking one person is not fair! Where is my mom!?

12/24/05
Sia`dang joit kuailak gat Singni kuailak!
圣诞节快乐合新年快乐!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Li Siao Long si ua gai enghiong.
李小龙是我个英雄.
Bruce Lee is my hero.

Leu sidua gue tang.
汝死惰过虫.
You are lazier than a worm.

12/16/05
Deung yi jiat heugai pinggue ho, yi jiaksi jao keu cheso. Koneng heugai pinggue hou yi doutia.
转伊食许个苹果好,伊即时去厕所。可能许个苹果给伊肚痛。
After he ate that apple, he immediately ran to the bathroom. That apple probably made his stomach hurt.

Ua mjai leu hiao da` Angnam ue.
我唔知汝晓呾安南话。
I didn't know you could speak Vietnamese. Joy duc oi!

Ua bho gat leu da`!
我无合汝呾!
I'm not telling you!

12/8/05
Ua tia` diot chuksi` do ngiaocheu ni gai nang siang chongmeng.
我听着出生在猫鼠年个人上聪明。
I hear that people born in the year of the rat are the smartest.

Leu gai ehai toi siao gingjio.
汝个下颏睇肖弓蕉!
Your chin looks like a banana!

Diangnao gat gue gui. Keu eng dou jeu guang gai engdi miang ji`!
电脑卡过贵。去用图书馆个因为免钱!
Computers are too expensive. Go use the library's one because it is free!

12/1/05
Ua mjai yi si leu gai di, yi toi siao leu gai mue. Da` seung.
我无知伊是汝个弟, 伊睇肖汝个妹。呾玩。
I didn't know he is your younger brother, he looks like your younger sister. Joking.

Sung I-Jeu gai go, Diojiu Ue bang: Ti ou ou, ai` lot hou, kougue teung, kat koukou, koukou...
孙燕子个歌,潮州话版: 天黑黑,欲落雨,苦瓜汤,卡苦苦,苦苦...
Sun Yanzi's song, Teochew version: The sky is dark, it will rain soon, bittermelon soup, is too bitter, too bitter...

Dangsi mama, ua mai keu takjeu, hou ua keu uk do deung.
但是妈妈, 我勿学书, 给我去夗在转。
But mom, I don't want to go to school, let me go back to sleep.

11/22/05
Leu gai tao mo deung siao leu gai je. Ga diao ga diao!
汝个头毛长肖汝个姐。铰掉铰掉!
Your hair is long like your older sister. Cut it off cut it off!

Leu ai` sio pat mai!? Dangsi ua diot sai gat leu da`, ua bak E. Honda gai dek gong "Bet Chiu Pat!"
汝欲相拍勿!? 但是我着先合汝呾, 我别 E. Honda 个特攻"百手拍"!
You wanna fight!? But first I must tell you, I know E. Honda's special attack "Hundred Hand Slaps!"

Kisek ua bho yiot gia`, engdi ua hiao gak huegiu.
其实我无若惊,因为我晓投火球。
Actually I'm not that scared, because I can throw fireballs.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home